WORKSHOPS WITH THE HARD ROAD TRIO
May 5-7, 2017
October 6-8. 2017
• University and public school commercial music programs
• Bluegrass, Old Time, Traditional and Folk organizations
• Praise teams
• Coaching for individual bands and performers
The Hard Road Trio’s years of performing combined with teaching experience, private and academic, bring a unique practical and artistic approach to acoustic music.
Steve Smith is well known for his mastery of the mandolin and has toured and performed most of his life. He has been on faculty at a variety of music camps including Camp Bluegrass, California Coast Music Camp and Kaufman Kamp.
Anne Luna is a graduate of the Commercial Music Program at South Plains College where she was recognized for her outstanding work. Involved in the acoustic music scene since childhood, she also studied classical bass at Texas Tech.
Chris Sanders holds an MA in vocal performance from Cal State East Bay and has taught voice and commercial music at New Mexico State University and University of Texas at El Paso. She has spent her life performing and teaching choral, solo classical, musical theater, jazz and acoustic roots music.
Together they approach music from three perspectives that are sure to reach musicians with various backgrounds at all levels of experience. Workshops that they have presented include:
• Master classes for solos and groups
• Individual instruction in mandolin, guitar, bass and voice
• “The Effective Ensemble – Building on Your Strengths”
• “Back to Bass-ics”
• “Vocal Vitamins – A Tune-up for All Who Sing”
• “The Art and Science of Playing Rhythm”
• “Warm Up Essentials”
• Improvisation: a variety of approaches
• Harmony singing